There are many reasons why many people love bricks for their homes and commercial properties in Fremont, CA. They’re highly durable, environmentally friendly, resistant to fire and noise, and a good insulating material. Not to mention that their natural appearance adds to the aesthetics of any building.
Bricks are not susceptible to a lot of damage. They do not dent or require paint. But it doesn’t mean they don’t need maintenance. Bricks and the mortar that holds them together are not waterproof, which means they soak up a lot of moisture. This leads to a lot of problems, such as dirt, moss, mold and mildew, efflorescence, cracks, mortar deterioration, etc. Also, the dampness makes an ideal environment for weeds and grass to sprout between bricks.
Cracked bricks are much more than a mere aesthetic problem but can also be an indication of larger structural damage that can put your safety at risk.
These are the reasons why you need to waterproof your brick surfaces. Custom Painting Inc.’s team of professionals is equipped with skills, tools, and various treatments to ensure that the brick surfaces of your commercial property will be protected from moisture-related damage.
Advantages of waterproofing for brick buildings
Once you notice wet stains, black moldy spots, whitish streaks, or cracks in your brick surfaces, it’s time to have them cleaned and waterproofed. It’s better to waterproof your brick surfaces as a preventative action before any of these problems crop up, especially if you live in a region with high humidity and dampness levels.
Here are some of the benefits of waterproofing your brick:
- It minimizes moisture and water penetration.
- It slows down water intrusion.
- It limits mold and mildew growth.
- It prevents efflorescence buildup.
- It reduces and prevents your brick surfaces from spalling and cracking.
- It retains the bricks’ natural appearance.
- It improves the bricks’ insulation properties.
Custom Painting, Inc. offers waterproofing services for interior and exterior brick surfaces. From inspection to waterproofing, our painting contractors in Fremont make sure to find the right approach and treatment to protect your brick surfaces from moisture, restore their natural appearance and beauty, and extend their life.
Here are some of the steps we offer in our brick waterproofing services:
- Inspection of brick and mortar for damage.
- Cleaning – This may consist of sweeping or dusting to get rid of loose particles, scrubbing, and washing, or power washing. Moss, weeds, or grass sprouting between bricks are removed by manual uprooting, using herbicides, or blasting seedlings with a flamethrower, etc.
- Brick and mortar damage repair – Depending on the extent of the damage, the cracks can be sealed by injecting epoxy resin or applying cement mortar.
- Applying thermal brick and masonry protection solutions such as water-repellent creams, waxes, and acrylic-based brick waterproofing products. These treatments prevent brick surfaces from dampening and allow any existing moisture to dry.
Painting or coloring – Bricks normally don’t require painting, but if you want to paint your brick surfaces after sealing or waterproofing them, be careful. First, you must give the waterproofing solution sufficient time to dry until it becomes part of the brick. Then, you must look for a primer and paint that are compatible with the ingredients of your waterproofing solution applied earlier.
Choose Custom Painting, Inc.!
Here are the reasons why you should choose Custom Painting, Inc. for your interior and exterior painting, brick waterproofing, and light construction needs to improve the look and extend the life of your commercial building:
- Over 40 years of experience in the industry.
- A dedicated team of painters and project managers.
- Experienced, licensed, and insured painters and carpenters.
- Transparent, detailed, and itemized job estimates – for free!
- Compliance with work safety standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Surface and worksite preparation.
- After-painting cleanup.
- High-quality workmanship.
- Long-lasting results.
- Flexible schedules.
- Flexible payment options.
- We stick to our deadlines.
- Free color consultation.
- Warranties and guarantees.
Once you notice signs of damage or degradation in your brick surface, hire the best commercial painters in Fremont for your brick waterproofing solutions.
In addition to brick waterproofing, Custom Painting, Inc. offers standard interior and exterior painting, repairs, and custom work such as crown molding installation, double-pane window installation, acoustic ceiling removal, wallpaper removal, color consultation, and more. Call us at 510-795-0903 or message us to request a free quote.