Cabinetry is important to every home in Fremont, CA. But cabinetry is deemed essential for a busy space such as a kitchen.
Kitchen cabinets are designed to hold various food items and ingredients, cooking and baking tools, dining utensils, appliances, cookbooks, and many other things. When your kitchen has enough cabinet space, it improves your organizing skills and makes your kitchen more functional.
If you have kitchen cabinets that are dark, dingy, and outdated, transform them into updated cabinets that you will absolutely love. The best residential painters in Fremont offer quality but affordable kitchen cabinet makeovers that will make a huge difference and can transform the look of your kitchen into a brand-new space.
The importance of cabinet refinishing
Apart from functionality, cabinets are also the cornerstone of your kitchen style – that is why painting the cabinets alone can significantly transform the look of your kitchen. This makes cabinet refinishing and repainting an excellent option for homeowners who want to update the look of their kitchens but don’t have the budget for a full renovation.
Refinishing and repainting can transform and revitalize your old kitchen cabinets in many ways:
- It can retain the style of your kitchen cabinets or give them an entirely new look, depending on your style preference.
- Cabinets typically take up a lot of physical and visual space in your kitchen, so newly painted cabinets can dramatically change the look of the entire space.
- There are many paint colors, shades, and finishes to choose from, allowing you to get a completely customized look that makes the cabinets blend seamlessly into your kitchen’s existing décor or otherwise stand out as your kitchen’s focal point.
- Repainting and refinishing protect your kitchen cabinets from wear and tear, keeping them looking fantastic for years.
Our cabinet refinishing services
Custom Painting, Inc. can transform the look of your kitchen cabinets through some of the following finishing options and methods:
- Painting – Paint is the most popular and versatile finishing option for kitchen cabinets. It comes in a wide range of colors and finishes, making paint easy to complement any kitchen style.
- Staining – If your kitchen cabinets are made of natural wood, stain should be the ideal finish for them. One of the advantages of staining is that it doesn’t fade or crack as paint does. Staining also brings out the natural color and grain of the wood.
- Varnishing – The purpose of applying varnish is to add a layer of durability to your cabinets. Almost all kitchen cabinets have some type of varnish added to protect them against wear and tear and keep them looking great for a long time.
- Glazing – This process consists of adding a glaze to your cabinets. A glaze is a semi-transparent color applied to an already painted or stained surface, giving it a second color. If you have cabinets with intricate, hand-crafted designs, glazing will help these features to stand out.
- Lacquer – Lacquer is a solvent-based paint that creates a hard protective coating to surfaces. It is a perfect finishing option if you’re looking for a durable and easy-to-apply cabinet finish.
Kitchen cabinet repainting and refinishing is a highly customizable option for refreshing and updating the look of your kitchen. You can choose colors that complement your kitchen’s existing décor. Or if you aim for a dramatic transformation, you may want to choose glossy or metallic paints that will make the cabinets the focal point of your kitchen.
Whichever look you want for your kitchen cabinets, we at Custom Painting, Inc. can tailor our services to meet your style preferences.
The refinishing process
Custom Painting, Inc., usually follows the steps below in transforming dated or worn-out kitchen cabinets to make them look completely new:
- Remove the door, drawers, and hardware.
- Clean, wash, or degrease cabinet surfaces to be painted.
- Scuff sand the cabinet surfaces to be painted.
- Apply the cabinets with a quality primer.
- Once the primer has dried, fine sand the cabinets to eliminate bumps, dust, lint, or grooves that appear on the surface.
- Apply the first coat of paint (or other finishing material) to the cabinet surface, usually in the direction of the wood grain. Apply another coat if necessary.
- Let the finishing coat dry. If using paint, let it dry for at least 24 hours. The longer the drying time, the better the finish.
- Re-assemble the cabinet doors, drawers, and hardware.
- Clean up the workspace and do the final walkthrough and inspection.
Why choose us?
Custom Painting, Inc. has been in the business for over 40 years, mainly providing interior and exterior paint jobs for homes and businesses in Bay Area cities.
Besides painting, we offer other services including custom crown molding, pressure washing, wood rot repairs, acoustic ceiling removal, as well as kitchen cabinet painting.
We have a skilled, experienced, and dedicated team of licensed painters and carpenters. Whether you need to improve your kitchen cabinets or enhance your interior spaces with crown molding, we are ready to tackle any job your home might need.
We offer competitive rates and provide precise and honest job estimates with realistic timelines, so there are no hidden charges or other surprises. For your peace of mind, we also carry insurance that will protect you and our staff should accidents happen at the work site.
Like many other reputable painting contractors in Fremont, quality results and customer satisfaction are our top priorities. As we stand behind our work, we provide a written warranty upon project completion.
Contact us today!
Custom Painting, Inc. protects, preserves, and beautifies your homes in Fremont, CA, and other Bay Area cities. We look forward to working with you! Schedule an appointment for a free estimate. You may reach us at (510) 795-0903 or fill out this form.